The attorneys in our land use practice work primarily with clients who are dealing with governmental agencies in connection with the development and use of their property. We have a unique combination of local governmental and private practice experience that enables us to guide landowners, developers and businesses through Oregon’s complex land use regulatory environment.
We are well-suited to working with government planners, staff and counsel, private land use consultants, surveyors, engineers, architects and other professionals in successfully representing our clients in achieving their goals.
Our land use experts work closely with the firm’s real estate and business practice attorneys in a comprehensive manner to assist clients in the acquisition, development, marketing, sale and use of real property.
We work on a wide variety of land use and development permitting matters throughout Oregon, including:
- Subdivisions and Planned Unit Developments
- Partitions and Property Line Adjustments
- Site and Design Reviews
- Zone Changes
- Comprehensive Plan Amendments
- Annexations and Annexation Agreements
- Urban Growth Boundary Expansions
- Legislative Changes to Enable Development
- Development Agreements
- Code Interpretations and Compliance
- Property Due Diligence Reports
- City, County and Agency Appearances
- Appeals to the Land Use Board of Appeals (LUBA) and the Oregon courts